Falling For Pumpkin + DIY Vegan Pumpkin Mask
Posted: Sep 21 2017
Lattes, knitwear and changing Leaves….autumn is wonderfully indulgent.
In my early childhood, I remember watching Cinderella’s ‘Fairy Godmother’ turn a pumpkin into a beautiful coach, and from that point on I was fascinated with pumpkin. I loved carving them at Halloween, roasting pumpkin seeds, and indulging in pumpkin pie. Let’s just say when Starbucks created the Pumpkin Spice Latte I was all for it…I know, I know, it’s more or less just pumpkin flavouring. Although I have given up coffee, I now make pumpkin spice tea lattes and they are just as magical. Yes, I would say I have a healthy obsession with pumpkin.
When autumn comes around, I am extremely happy, not only because it is my favourite season and the perfect sweater weather…I am able to get my hands on fresh locally grown pumpkins. And why would I need so many pumpkins? In addition to the vast nutritional benefits it provides your body when ingested, pumpkin is a great topical ingredient for our face.
Face Benefits of Pumpkins
- Pumpkin is packed with naturally occurring enzymes and alpha hydroxy acids (AHAs), which increase cell turnover for a brighter and smoother complexion.
- The Vitamin A and Vitamin C found in pumpkin assists with softening and soothing the skin, additionally, the complex of antioxidant, along with carotenoids boost collagen production to prevent the signs of aging and keep skin wrinkle-free.
- Rich in zinc and copper, these minerals provide anti-inflammatory properties that will assist in healing acne and dermatitis and reveal clearer skin and tighter pores.
Knowing how great pumpkin is for you; why not pamper yourself all autumn with this easy DIY vegan facemask.
DIY Vegan Pumpkin Pie Mask
What You'll Need
- 3 Slices Fresh Pumpkin turned into a puree
- 3 TBS Oat Flour
- 1 TBS Turmeric Powder
- 1 TBS Almond Oil
- 1/3 TSP Cinnamon Powder
1. Mix all ingredients in a bowl.
2. Apply to face, neck, and décolletage.
3. Leave on for 20 minutes (this mask will remain moist).
4. Rinse off and pat dry.
Make sure to finish your autumn pampering session by applying your toner, serum, followed by your favourite oil and moisturizer.
#HartleeTip: As you should avoid putting this mask close you your eyes, I love using the Honest Hazel Eye Gel Treatment to enhance my pampering session and give my under eye area some TLC.
Neha Choudhary // Green Beauty Blogger