7 Valuable Lessons To Live By: Part 2 of 7
Posted: Sep 22 2017
Being an entrepreneur is full of up’s and downs.
The feeling of mayhem, wanting to curl up into the fetal position and being high on life is all in a days work. I am in my twenties and have been a self-employed entrepreneur for the better part of my years --- always in the beauty and fashion industry --- it’s really all I know. This also means that really all I know is no stability and a lot of faith in why I am doing what I am doing. Along the path of struggles and triumphs thus far, I have learned some valuable lessons. Here are my 7 valuable lessons that I will be sharing with you today.
Have you read 7 Valuable Lessons To Live By PART ONE yet?
#7x7Lessons | Part Two of Seven.
1. It’s okay not to know, And not to be good at everything. Admit it and find someone who is.
2. No problem is unsolvable.
3. Genuine relationships are EVERYTHING. Always make time for the people who matter most to you. Someone once wrote me a note when I was getting so busy I wasn't spending enough time that said "Things that matter most should never give way to things that matter least" - I think about this all the time and want people who matter most to never doubt it.
4. There is no such thing as competition, no one does what you do for the same reason you do.
5. Focus on WHY you do what you do, not what you are doing. NO one knows everything about what they are doing, but they are the ONLY expert at WHY they do it.
6. Obsession is necessary and deadly, learn to manage it and surround yourself with good people that will take care of you and your health. I once worked for 72 hours straight, between managing international models in 4 time zones, doing makeup on set, developing a brand and at the time trying to be a good girlfriend. I ended up in the hospital from exhaustion after passing out, constant nose bleeds, and losing my voice. I regularly would drink 4 energy drinks a day, 2 coffees and be on a sugar high from the dozen (that’s not even a joke, 12 donuts…. I pray I do not have diabetes in the near future) donuts I would eat on my way to the studio.
7. Never stop being grateful
Founder Friday is a series on our Evio blog where we feature short but real conversations with our badass founder Brandi Leifso. Published every Friday (duh!), it is meant to inspire and motivate all individuals.
We want you to be apart of Founder Friday. Tell us what you would like our founder to answer and chat about in the comments below!!!